Paginas

Thursday, May 20, 2010

ID skills


I always thought that industrial design could be studied by anyone and (here's a think that I love about this career) because I have classmates that have very different ways to think or to solve problems, also I have found that this career can, if you want, take the best of you, and improve your personal skills. Maybe this is because in Industrial Design there is a lots of paths to develop a project, and also, it works with a cross approach.

Anyway, maybe some fundamental skills that you have to earn across the career (from my point of view) can be put in a few groups.
The firs group may be related with representation and communication, specially when you try to make understandable your ideas/concepts.
The second group can be all the knowledge that you gain through 5 year (or maybe more if you wish)
A third group may be related with values, and professional attitudes.
Now I don´t remember more thing, but always I see one upon every other skill, and this is about the ability to learn to learn.

Learn to learn is a attitude that allows you to be an inversion inside any company, or if want to work freelance, the learn to learn attitude, allows you to expand your knowledge in any area.
Many people don go ahead in her business, because they say that they can make something. They are wrong.

In a way, our university prepare us in this aspe
cts, but is a fact that if you don't want to learn something you won´t learn it.
And about the future, yes I think that I'm prepared to do some kinds of work, but specially, I'm prepared to learn how to solve situations.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, it's very important to know how to learn. We will never stop learning, in all the ways of our lives.

    ReplyDelete